Like most reader’s awards, it has rules. Here they are:
1) Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them when creating the award post.
2) Share seven things about yourself.
3) Pass the award on to 15 recently discovered blogs.
4) Contact the bloggers to let them know about the award.
Here are my seven things most readers may not know.
1. My smarty phone plays “Here Comes the Sun” to wake me each morning.
2. Although I am nearly an animal-hater, I do allow my middle boy to keep two live frogs on the bookcase in my family room.
3. My favorite movie is “It’s a Beautiful Life,” but my husband won’t allow it in the house. It makes him cry.
4. I have a Fiesta kitchen. You either know what I’m talking about (and get very excited and think I am your best friend now) or you don’t know and don’t care.
5. I have become fanatic about composting. The dirt in our yard is worthless, and the city dump is right next to the park (STINKY!). Suddenly, putting vegetables and paper into plastic bags makes no sense whatsoever to me. I get it now.
6. I did not learn how to ride a bike until I was 10 years old. I have no motor skills.
7. Even though I am a homeschool grad, I didn’t really want to home educate my own children. I knew it was too much work! My husband talked me into the infamous “just one year,” and then I was addicted. I’m so glad he did!
As for recommending blogs, I am in a quandary. I read them sporadically, and they range from theology to freelance writing to grammar to green methods to homeschool pieces to anti-feminism. It is eclectic reading, at least. The majority of the great writers I read would not like to post a pretty green flower on their page, no matter how versatile I believe them to be or how brilliant I think this award is. *sigh* So I am passing off the baton to the following: