Because this is still true … in case you missed it the first time.
- My preschooler was nearly kicked out of the library today for playing too loudly with the puzzle pieces.
- Actually, it was our first time back in the library for a month, because the four of us holding cards were each banned for excessive fines. We came back today for “Fine Forgiveness Week.” We got a new start with a bag of canned goods for the needy.
- I have NEVER successfully baked a birthday cake.
- I make my children keep under their beds clean, but don’t look under mine.
- If you dare open the linen closet, something will fall on your head.
- I can’t spell.
- I once purposefully turned and walked away when my child was eating grass. I just couldn’t take it anymore.
- My three music-playing children don’t practice every single day.
- I’m not a “bedtime story” person.
- I don’t do windows.
- Apparently, I can’t grow vegetables.
- If a child misbehaves in a public place, I will say to him, “When I tell your mother about this, she is not going to be happy!” so that onlookers will think I am just the babysitter.
- I have had the same to-do list for the past 3 weeks and haven’t done a thing on it.
Once in a while, another home educator will remark to me “You are such a Super Mom!” I never know what to say to that. Except this: NO-O-O-O!! I am a flawed, weary, bumbling woman doing her best to rear her children, by God’s grace, for His Glory. Once in a while, I fall painfully. Sometimes, walking with Him seems peaceful and light. But it is not by my might or strength. Only His grace has led me all this way.
We all are on the same road. Some of us are just beginning our path of marriage and motherhood. Others are further along the Way with their life tasks. But regardless, let us pray for one another and lift up one another in our frailties, and remember…
When we are weak, He is strong!
I’d love to keep in touch!
Get the book!
Now available on Kindle — Homeschool Made Easy!